If you notice severe, persistent or bloody diarrhoea accompanied by stomach pain or fever, it's important to tell your doctor immediately. It’s uncommon, but can be a potential side effect that might indicate serious bowel inflammation or pseudomembranous colitis, particularly after antibiotic treatment.
Some of the side effects reported for Dalacin T topical lotion include:
- Skin irritation, which can cause symptoms like burning, itching and peeling
- Hives (a skin rash with itchy bumps)
- Seborrhea, a condition characterised by an oily coating, crusts or scales on the skin
- Eye stinging or pain
- Stomach ache
- Contact dermatitis, inflammation of the skin due to contact with irritants or allergens
- Folliculitis (Dalacin T lotion can also be used to treat folliculitis, but this is listed as a side effect of unknown frequency as well).